Friday, August 2, 2013

So far.

Technically I've been on Slim 4 Life a week and a half. And I haven't cheated. At all...though I've been tempted.
First weigh in at S4L had me at 194.4 (whomp whomp)
Week one weigh in has me at 185.4
That's -8.8lbs. That's a pretty big deal. Or is should be.
BUT I'm a bit of a bitch to myself.
And you see...185 and me? We're old buds. I've known that number on and off a few times over the past couple of years.
I've known all the 180s fairly well.
So to me..until I hit something other than something with a 18- in front of it..I'm not getting anywhere yet.

I can already tell you that I'm going to end up spending more on the supplements..when I didn't think I would. But my chocolate protein powder Hubs and I keep at home is NOT comparable in ANY way to their Hot Chocolate protein drink. Nope, nope, nope.
They (S4L) encourages 3 snacks a day...but at $16 for 7 snacks I'm using them as more treats or 'get through the afternoon' type things.
For instance..
I can have 2 fruits a day.
Green grapes are my go-to (I can't have red ones per the diet...no clue why? Sugar content maybe?). I can have 10. So around 9:30-10 am I count out my measly little 10 grapes.  I don't even put them in a bowl..I just palm them and try to eat slowly.
I'm pretty much out of other fresh fruit. Well..no..I have some oranges...but they suck..worst bag of oranges ever. Moving on...
I have bags upon bags of frozen strawberries in the freezer (kids and Hubs are fans). I don't especially like them.
But the diet says I can have 12 of them. Which is 2 more than the grapes. Which means ALOT more food in my tiny mind.
But again..not a huge fan.
Then again..I'm not a huge fan of the lemon protein drink I got either..but since I am out of hot choc..I'd better finish it.
So I found that the lemon mix + partially frozen strawberries + some water ='s a totally delicious and filling smoothie. Takes care of the snack..and the second fruit serving!

Also..did you guys know I have a food blog? Totally do and you should check it out! To prove that I'm not completely starving myself via the diet..here is a link to my latest post which stars a rock star dinner I had the other night! Fish..on a diet.

1 comment:

  1. That smoothie sounds great! I was getting my lunch yesterday and noticed a coworker had a very small tupperware, VERY small. It had 4 cherries in it, lol! Whatever floats her boat! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete