Friday, November 8, 2013

Stressed is spelled n-o b-l-o-g-g-i-n-g

So I kinda dropped off the face of the earth..again.
I say I'm busy..and I hate that b/c usually people that say "I'm busy" also mean "I'm so important" and me..no..not really..I'm just so legit busy that I want to scream sometimes.
Here is a quick Cliff's Notes version of 'Suze Lately'-
-on the landlord front...1 eviction and the dude is STILL squatting in my house. 2 new properties, and 2 people moving out. Ah and one of the tenants that moved out took it upon themselves to take out the chain link fence while they were at it..suuuuper.
-on the work front (b/c landlording isn't enough right?) I'm up to 3 days one week, 2 days the other. I was calling it a 'part-time' job...but now I'm calling it an 'other job'.
-on the subbing front (job #4), been kinda quiet...which is a-ok. however i do miss some of my teenage friends, and get texts occassionally from my favorite telling me she misses me. Aws.
-on the Momma front (job #1!!!)-the kids are great, and doing ALOT better than I think I would be with a Momma like me that is constantly having to work (in some capacity or another).
-on the weight front...I'm getting there. Now...I knew (in the back of my mind) that losing 50lbs in 4 months wouldn't be done by me. I mean, it could have if I had been totes militant about following the program. But I slipped up a bit. We had our wedding anniversary, I had my birthday, oh..I also went on birth control for a couple months to move my cycle (deats on that next), so it jacked things up..but so far the count is down 22lbs. What?! I mean that's good! It's not 50..I still have a good bit to go! But...that's 22lbs. That's no more 190s, no more 180s, and chilling in the low 170s. And I'm ok with that for the moment.
-on today (and for the next week) what I should be doing...packing. Because um..we fly out at 1 for a Disney Cruise. Holla! Yeah..kids are packed. But I haven't packed myself or Hubs yet. And his handwriting is so shitty that I'm not sure of half the stuff he wants packed anyway according to his list. But for reals...a cruise! And I'm going to try really hard to be happy about it. I'm going to try to enjoy myself and NOT feel self consious the ENTIRE time. I'm going to try to enjoy myself and yet NOT go overboard-literally AND where food/drink consumption is concerned. Oh and that's where the bc came in..I realized I'd be dealing with the crimson wave while I was on the great blue and didn't want to deal with that...so I jacked up my horomones and moved it up a week.
-on blogging...my 'fall' resolution, well actually my 'post' cruise resolutions are to finish losing the weight and get better about blogging. I originally started this specific blog to be mostly about weight loss/getting healthy. BUT I think that writing is very cathartic and sometimes I  need an outlet to complain about landlord things, and work things, and day to day things. So I'm going to branch out on Slim Down Suze with those topics as well. And I hope there are people out there who want to read it. That laugh at my jokes and look forward to my posts. I know I have blogs that I love and look forward to, and I'd LOVE to be one of those to other people.
So...Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 22lbs down! I hope you enjoy your cruise! Definitely glad to see you pop in for a quick note.

    ReplyDelete