Monday, December 30, 2013

Resolutions start....NOW!

I know that the first isn't until Wednesday, day after tomorrow, whatevs...it's soon enough..right?
In no certain order...
 
*READ-at LEAST 52 books
                    I love, Love, L.O.V.E., to read...but alot of the time I don't get to. I have kid stuff to do, I have tenant stuff to do, I have job stuff to do, I'm just too effin' tired, I'd rather watch something on the DVR..Heaven forbid I workout, ammIright? But anyway...read. At LEAST 52. I have 48 on my bookshelf behind me right now..but I know I've read at least 14 of them. But there are specifics to the 52...like I need to get The Book of Mormon in there at least once. I need to put some classics in there too...love Charles Dickens. I don't want to limit myself to what I usually read..I want to read alot of different things. Really? I'd love to double the goal and hit 104 in 2014..what?! We'll see.                

                                                *Keep it CLEAN
           We just built our 'new' house last year..in fact today marks ONE year that we've been here. And where I've done a pretty good job of cleaning it acceptable, I'd like it to feel clean. Despite the fact that we have 5 cats (yes, we are insane) I don't want people to 'know' (by nose) that we have them. I want to try to teach my kids to help me clean too. I don't want my house to be one of those antiseptic "don't touch anything" houses, because I long to be the house that EVERYONE feels comfortable in...but I also hate telling people they need to carry a lint roller to sit on my furniture b/c of the dog hair. Eesh..costs of pets I guess.

                                          *WORK out...
        Holy crap, this one scares me so bad. I have this DVD. I have this DVD and about 12 (not kidding) others-Walk away the Pounds, all sorts of 10 minute trainer ones, etc. And I don't do them. I 'said' I would start doing them when I got into the 170s and didn't. I got into the 170s and ate my way back up into the 180s. I don't like working out 'in front' of people..even my own husband and kids, and I need to get over that. Because I'd probably get back to the 170s and lower IF I worked out (and ate right), dontcha think? Also Holly is doing a Jillian Challenge..I'm scared to pieces to join..but I kinda want to.

                                       *LET THEM GO...
          I say THEM, I really only have one in mind. But it's a 'friend' that I feel like I'm constantly reaching for and they are never reaching back. I get that we are both busy, we both have kids, we both have spouses/or spouse-like people. But I get the feeling like the friendship was much more to me, than it was to them. And it's a bummer. But it's a thing that holds me back..and I don't want to do that anymore.

                                       *STICK to it/WEIGHT Loss
     I'm far from being on their infomercial..but the Slim4Life program does work..if YOU stick to it. I've sucked at it lately..but no more. It's not a hard program. It's not rocket surgery. They don't ask too much of you. And I've chosen it as my 'way' to lose weight. And I'm going to do it.

                              *BE HAPPY...
   I struggle with Happy. I really do. Even though I'm medicated and have everything in the world I could want..I struggle. My Mom struggled too, and where I'm not blaming her for 'my' lack of happy..I don't think it helped. And that little gal in the pic with me..that's my girl..and I want her to have a happy Momma..(I want that for my boy too..I just don't have a cute picture of the two of us to put up) I think I deserve to be happy. I think we all do.

What are YOUR resolutions? Or do you make any??
Happy New Year! A couple days early!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog from 'Craftyhealthymommy'. So far so good! I've done the Jullian Michaels 30 day Shred. I have never completed all 30 days in a row, but what I have done of it, I will say, is hard, but completely do-able! You will definitely feel sore the next 2-3 days after your work out, but it's honestly worth the effort.

    If you want another inspiration to get you to work out more and read more all at the same time, get books on CD. That's what I do. I don't do the whole running thing, but when I'm listening to a book I'm really into, it makes me walk even more than I had original planned. Sometimes I can get 2-3 miles in a day.

    ReplyDelete